Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fancy Fish…Faulty Fish…FLAMING FISH!

We got together with a long lost friend Daman and his family last weekend.  He was excited to steam a whole fish for us - Hong Kong style.  First we got to know the fish:

d-j-f 216 lightd-j-f 219

d-j-f 218

Daman – proud of his beautiful creation.  I call the eyeballs! 

 d-j-f 221

But we dug in and – oh my – it was a little raw down by the ribs.  So Daman put it back on the burner and…

image 

 d-j-f 223

There lies the precious carcass in a bed of shattered Pyrex, roasting on two open gas flames.  We all learned a little about the consequences of rapid cooling / heating of glass cookware.

d-j-f 224

The Cleanup

 d-j-f 225

Daman couldn’t stand the thought of our sweet rockfish going to waste.  Mmm, crunchy.

d-j-f 234

Good times with the Reynolds!  Thanks for letting us crash your place!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Crazy. I'll remember to never do that with my pyrex dishes!

english said...

great photo of the wreckage. I always sorta wondered what would happen with pyrex on the stove etc. thanks for the lesson.

"check the mailbox everyday, any day now the box will come..."

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a very interesting experience. I also love Selah haircut. It is so cute. Loves

Jenifer said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You only make that mistake once! My hubby did it years ago and we still laugh about it!
And I'm sure it was delicious, but it looks so gross flopped there on the stovetop!

BTW, I'm taking a course to be a dental assistant.

Tori and Steve said...

I love the picture of Damon when the fish is held up to his face!