Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Zen Journey

This is the last post of our Zen Journey, we have experienced moments of peace and serenity as well as found areas that need some more zen attention!

This weeks suggestion is: Ask, "Darling, do I understand you enough or am I making you suffer"?

"We really have to understand the person we want to love. If we only think of ourselves, if we know only our own needs and ignore the needs of the other person, we cannot love. We must look deeply in order to see and understand the needs, aspirations, and suffering of the person we love...From time to time, sit close to the one you love, hold his or her hand, and ask, "Darling, do I understand you enough or am I making you suffer? Please tell me so that I can learn to love you properly". With understanding, the one we love will certainly flower." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Blessings as you continue your journey!

1 comment:

J.L.White said...

I think you and Thich Nhat Hanh should co-write a book together...