Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kentucky Vay-K

This trip will definitely go down as one of our favorite family vacations. The eleven hour drive to Vine Grove, Kentucky quickly paid off once we arrived at Steve and Christy's house. The kids were thrilled to meet Rosco (lab pup), and we were thrilled to spend some time with our favorite cousins. We spent a day at Lake Taylorsville teaching the boys to ski (see video clip below), wake boarding, skiing...or at least attempting to ski, swimming and relaxing in the sun! Other highlights were visiting the Louisville Slugger museum, watching horse racing from fancy box seats at Church Hill Downs, staying up late playing Nerts, playing at the park on the Lake, hibachi and sushi, homemade Cafe Rio salads and all the good times in between. Tio Steve and Tia Christy, you ROCK!!!





















Damon holding Mickey Mantle's bat




Kids with Churchill Charlie














Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tori and Steve said...

Did you yell, "Move your bloomin' arse!" at ChurchHill Downs?
Looks like a fun vacation! I can't wait to see the kids, they have all gotten so big I hardly recognize them!

J.L.White said...

Looks like you guys had a great time...I can say I am definitely jealous that the kids can water ski and I can't!

Cheryl said...

How fun! My friend Emily and her family are moving to Louisville next week. It seems like a fun place.

Mike and Kelly said...

How fun. One day we will have to vacation together.

jefferies said...

Thanks for the awesome post, you silly cats! I admit, Kentucky has always been a mystery to me...even the fried chicken...

Great to see a bit of your cousin Steve, too - it's been years since chem class at Brigham Onion University!

-Bunt