Friday, December 11, 2009

A Shout Out to Cub Scouts!


Kenyon started scouts when he turned eight, just six weeks ago. I am so impressed with the scouting program. Kenyon's troop is organized and his leaders do a wonderful job. He is always so excited to go and participate...and he loves pack meetings. But, the thing I find most outstanding is this program is designed to teach young boys to respect and appreciate their mothers. I loved it when Kenyon pinned his Bobcat award on me. His troop leader asked him why he thought I get a pin. He quickly responded, "because she helps me". It was such a tender moment between the two of us. How do we continue to teach our boys to respect women and their roles as mothers? I am grateful that my husband respects his mother, me as a woman, wife & a mother, as well as other mothers and women in general. He is what I pray my boys will emulate. I know it is also essential that I respect my role as a mother and as a woman. Thank you Cub Scouts for being a part of our "village".





3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's so sweet.

margie said...

We are so proud of that boy. How fast eight years come and go! We are pretty proud of that cute mom too!

Superfit said...

Kenyon in the big leagues. pretty cool. I was just looking over your blog and thinking it would be nice if we could find a time to wooserng geen noday ge means