Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oh Atlanta, I hear you callin'

Atlanta


Derek is spending three months doing a Pediatric Orthopaedic rotation at Children's of Atlanta. We decided to load up the van and tag along! We are staying in a one bedroom apartment owned by the hospital. We are cozy! It has been a wonderful adventure trip. The boys spent 6 weeks attending High Point Elementary in Sandy Springs. They had a great experience and made friends that they will be sad to leave. Selah has also made a wonderful friend, but I think she will miss her gymnastics coach (Coach Kathryn) the most! The kids have proven to be quite adaptable. This has been a very healing time for our family as Derek's schedule has been incredible. We have had him home for dinner every night except for call nights! I have been extremely content with our laid back lifestyle. We go to the park & pool almost everyday. Other than that, I enjoy watching gymnastics classes and soccer games. I have no complaints or regrets about coming along. Living simply is truly blissful!!


Braves Game


Batting Practice


Atlanta Aquarium


Selah's Bedroom (AKA Closet)


Family Fun


Thank goodness for daddy!


Derek in action


Nurturing his favorite patient


Girl Time


Laying out


Decorating our lovely apartment


Kenyon


Damon


Selah at Gymnastics


Selah 's class


Bus Stop


Mountain Biking at Blankets Park


The perfect nap!



1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Sounds like an amazing experience! I'm happy your family has had this time, you certainly deserve it! He looks like he'll be an amazing doctor!