Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back to Hawaii

Home Sweet Home!


In September we flew to Kauai for a job interview. Unlike the Big Island, Kauai felt very much like home! We spent the week exploring and getting reacquainted with the island (the last time we were on Kauai was for our honeymoon over 10 years ago)! It was better than I remember. After several days of interviews, Derek was offered a position at Wilcox Hospital in Lihue!!
Without any hesitation we accepted the position! We are thrilled to say that in eight months we will be Kauaians! We have prayed for years that the right job would fall into place and we would have no doubt that it is right for our family. Every other location and job we have looked into had some sort of road block, but with Kauai everything fell right into place! The kids are having so much fun telling everyone that we will be moving to Hawaii. Me and Derek are thrilled that we no longer have to wonder where we will be next year.

This was an informal interview with Dr. Rovinski, Director of Orthopedics. Can you believe that he was on call!! Hard to find a mainland Orthopod who is surfing and spear fishing with his boys while on call. This job suits us just fine!

Derek after his first attempt at spear fishing...
I don't think you are supposed to spear the aquarium fish!! OOPS!!

With Helene Oyama, minutes after the final interview!

7 comments:

Taylor family said...

That is so amazing! I love Kauai, my parents have a timeshare there, but unfortunately we don't get to go often because of the price of plane tickets. I still crave Puka Dogs (veggie ones of course).

Jen said...

Hilary!!

I have been wondering what's going on with you guys! Glad you guys know where you are going. Congrats!!

Jenifer said...

Congratulations! How wonderful to see all your hard work end in paradise!

jefferies said...

That's just wonderful and suits you guys to a 'T'. It's going to be awesome!

Tash said...

Congratulations Johnson Family!!! I think you guys already look so at home in your photos. What a great adventure!

Christina Mangelson said...

Kauai? Amazing! So incredibly jealous! Kauai is BY FAR the best of the Hawaiian islands and you get to live there. Congratulations Derek, you have earned it :)

Michelle said...

What an awesome adventure!! I hope it all works out well for you and your cute family.